5.14.2004

Random thoughts on a boring Friday

Can there be anything more boring than my job sometimes? All I can say is holy crap, yo. This is only exacerbated by the fact that it is beautiful outside and I am longing to throw around a softball or something. Sometimes, I have to think so hard to find something to keep my brain from shutting down at work that I actually get headaches. It is a good thing they pay me as much as they do to be here....

Tonight should be fun, though. Lisa and I are going to some batting cages to get the rust out of our softball swings. Got to get ready for church softball and the Tesoro Company Softball teams. I will be batting normally (right-handed) for the church team, but the league that my company team plays is requires that all the men bat opposite-handed. This is the first time that I have had to learn to switch hit, and I suck. But that is what the cages are for. Maybe it will be better when I can take some real switch hitting batting practice on an actual field. Lisa will still get to bat normally for this company league, so she should do pretty well. I will just look like I have a developmental disability.

This blog is a great way to express some thoughts when I have no work to do. My job is data entry, which requires almost no brain power. Seriously, a retarded monkey could do my job.... Anyway, since my job does not require any higher thinking, my mind is left to its own whims during the day. This can be a blessing, but is most often a curse. I tend to have several things idling in the back of me head throughout the day. Sometimes, that means over-analysis of dumb things. Other times it means extreme impatience to do things that I have to wait for until after work.... But the blessing part is when I get to think of my beautiful wife and what a wonderful, vital part of my life she has become. I have only known Lisa for a year and five months, but I cannot imagine life without her now that she has planted her flag in my heart and claimed it for Spain. Or for Lisapantsylvania....

Oh, blessed weekend, come sooner! I don't want to have to sit through another hour of work! I want to go home and play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and continue directing my character (Wunder Bunnz) down the path of the Dark Side.... Time to fry Force-wielders with some Force Lightning and blast the weaker people in the face. Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home